WinCache Extension for PHP
Works With: IIS 7, IIS 7.5, IIS 8, IIS 8.5, IIS 10
Windows Cache Extension for PHP is a PHP accelerator that is used to increase the speed of PHP applications running on Windows and Windows Server. Once the Windows Cache Extension for PHP is enabled and loaded by the PHP engine, PHP applications can take advantage of the functionality without any code modifications.
Increase PHP application performance on Windows by caching PHP bytecode in memory
Windows Cache Extension for PHP stores the PHP bytecode, the compiled version of the PHP script, in memory making it available when subsequent executions of the same script are needed helping to increase the overall PHP application performance. The use of Windows Cache Extension for PHP allows the PHP bytecode to be generated only once and to be reused each time the same PHP script is executed.
Reduce file system I/O overhead by caching the PHP scripts in memory
Windows Cache Extension for PHP helps to reduce the latency of file operations when PHP scripts are stored on remote UNC file shares. Windows Cache Extension for PHP includes a file system cache that is used to store the content of the PHP script files in shared memory, which reduces the amount of file system operations performed by PHP engine.
Leverage the User Cache API’s to further improve the execution speed of PHP scripts
Windows Cache Extension provides user cache API's, that can be used by PHP scripts to store PHP objects and variables in shared memory. This way PHP scripts may improve the execution speed by storing processed data in the cache and then using it in subsequent requests instead of re-creating the data on every request.
Avoid redundant mapping for absolute paths by using relative file path cache
Windows Cache Extension for PHP caches the relation between relative and absolute file paths, reducing the number of relative path resolutions performed by the PHP engine. PHP applications that use many relative paths would perform faster given the conversion to absolute paths is performed only once.
- PHP 5.2, PHP 5.3, PHP 5.4, PHP 5.5, PHP 5.6, PHP 7.0 and PHP 7.1 support
- Configurable file cache
- Configurable PHP opcode cache
- User Cache API's
- File change notification support
- WinCache handler for PHP sessions
- Relative file path cache
- PHP functions to obtain information about the cache status
- WinCache 1.1 for PHP 5.2 - x86 installer
- WinCache 1.3 for PHP 5.3 - x86 installer
- WinCache 1.3 for PHP 5.4 - x86 installer
- WinCache 1.3 for PHP 5.5 - x86 installer
- WinCache 1.3 for PHP 5.6 - x86 installer
- WinCache 2.0 for PHP 7.0 - x86 installer | x64 installer
- WinCache 2.0 for PHP 7.1 - x86 installer | x64 installer
- WinCache Source Code