|Works With||IIS 5, IIS 5.1, IIS 6, IIS 7, IIS 7.5, IIS 8, IIS 8.5, IIS 10|
|Updated on||April 25, 2017|
The HttpLogBrowser is a free Windows desktop application that helps analyze HTTP logs of web sites hosted either in IIS or in Microsoft Azure. With this tool it’s easy to find abnormal or peak activity thanks to a statistic evolution chart that let you zoom in specific periods of time to see what’s going on. It’s then easy to determine involved web pages or IP addresses thanks to the automatically calculated field statistics. Just with a click on a value it’s possible to filter down the view to problematic web requests. The application can also help to easily determine the origin of visitors that land on a web site and follow their browse history by filtering the view on a tracking cookie. Any cookie or query parameter can be extracted in a new field to facilitate the analysis and filter down the web requests more easily with relevant information.
- Statistics are automatically calculated for every field and a chart can be displayed (pie chart or histogram if the field is numeric)
- Ability to easily filter on a field value just with a click on it. It is also possible to exclude a field value from the filter.
- It’s possible to define custom filter conditions with SQL syntax.
- Up to 2 million log rows can be loaded in memory for analysis
- Ability to define profiles for web sites you regularly analyze. Once configured, concerned logs can be quickly reloaded.
- Extract fields from the user agent string (e.g. browser, OS, device). These extracted fields will help you for example to exclude bots from the analysis.
- Request to some kind of files can be excluded from the analysis (e.g. css, png, json) to keep only queries to pages.
- Monitor and audit the activity of your web site
- Easily detect and troubleshoot problems
- Monitor the bot activity and identify IP addresses that harass your web site
- Analyze and understand the behavior of internet users
- Determine the origin of visitors that land on the web site
- Determine which web pages are most visited
- Windows Vista/2008 or more
- .NET Framework 4.51 or more